Frogmill is believed to date back to the early 1600s and was originally two thatched cottages, which were later combined;
you can still see most of the original thatch in the attic. Extensions and alterations since then have created the house we have today.
You can learn more from our copies of the Census since 1841 which give a fascinating insight to the history of the families who have lived here.
Our beautiful grounds
The grounds at Frogmill are one of its outstanding features. Nestling in 10 acres of garden, with a lake and a meandering stream.
There are lovely walks to take through wild pasture and woodland with an abundance of birds and butterflies, and sheep grazing on the surrounding hills.
- The self-catering studio is located in an adjacent building. It includes a fully-equipped contemporary kitchen, dining and sitting area, with its own patio, loungers and barbecue.
- There is a drying area for outdoor gear and a secure lock-up for bicycles and other equipment.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access is available throughout the property.
- Ample off-road parking available.
- The property is non-smoking throughout.
The Studio has access at ground floor level.